Russian High Arctic Odyssey on Ocean Adventurer
From the stunning wildernesses of the Russian Arctic to the bright lights of Helsinki, this is an adventure you’ll never forget. Make like a true polar explorer and voyage around unspoiled areas like Novaya Zemlya, Severnaya Zemlya and Franz Josef Land. You’ll never get tired of gazing up at the face of a glacier or watching a calving iceberg. Polar bear encounters are a real possibility and there will be plenty of opportunities to spot walrus, seals, whales and wide variety of seabirds.
- Discover the immense polar deserts of Severnaya Zemlya.
- Get up close to the stunning glacier of Inostrantseva Bay.
- Search for polar bears, walrus and other wildlife in Franz Josef Land.
- Explore the extraordinary mix of Eastern and Western influenced architecture of Helsinki.
- Adventure and Active
Ocean Adventurer has long been a fleet favorite among guests and crew who've appreciated the charm and intimacy of this 128-passenger vessel, its ample outdoor deck space, numerous cozy spots to socialize onboard - and the outdoor jacuzzi. A few years ago, Ocean Adventurer underwent a multimillion-dollar renovation involving a talented team of marine architects, engineers, interior designers and polar expedition specialists. Quark Expeditions is proud of the enhancements to the much-loved polar vessel - which subsequently won the Travel Weekly Magellan Award for Overall Small Cruise Ship (500 passengers or under).
The refurbishments now enjoyed by guests:
- A refreshed, contemporary new look and feel throughout the ship
- The addition of six new twin cabins and three new suites
- All existing cabins furnished with new soft furnishings and brand new bathrooms
- Remodelling of common areas such as the Lounge and Dining Room
- Major technical enhancements, such as two new Rolls Royce engines, which increase fuel efficiency and minimize carbon footprint.
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...