River Wye: Hike, Bike & Kayak (Source to Sea)
Why should you visit the River Wye? We’re glad you asked! Crossing from Wales into England and carving out much of the border on its way, the River Wye is undoubtedly one of the UK’s best examples of unspoiled natural beauty and classic British scenery – from rolling green hills and spectacular valleys to delightful little villages dotted with cosy pubs. In six days, you’ll uncover all the best bits of this beautiful corner of the country on foot, bicycle and canoe, with a local leader on hand to show you the ropes. Venture from the river’s source in the Welsh Mountains and follow it on a thrilling adventure down to Ross-on-Wye.
- Elan Valley cycling tour
- Infant River Wye cycle
- Source of River Wye walk
- Hay on Wye leader led town walk
- River Wye full day canoe adventure
- Cider Farm visit
- Whitney Bridge canoe tour
- Symonds Yat Rock tour
- Biking tour along River Wye
- Follow the River Wye from its source high in the Welsh Mountains all the way to Ross-on-Wye on foot, bicycle and canoe, allowing you to see the scenery from multiple perspectives.
- Explore the little-known yet absolutely beautiful Elan Valley on bicycles, then spend two nights in a remote family-run lodge, set in a gorgeous Victorian era building.
- Hit the water in a canoe or kayak and paddle down from Glasbury to Whitney Bridge, stopping off for lunch in the charming town of Hay-on-Wye, famed for its celebration of books.
- Pull up your kayaks on the side of the river and arrive at your accommodation for two nights – a spectacular glamping experience in permanent pods totally immersed in nature.
- Hike and bike up to Symonds Yat Rock and be rewarded with unbeatable views of the River Wye and its surrounds, plus the chance to spot peregrine falcons soaring overhead.
- Adventure and Active
Our leaders are born and raised in-count ...